Wednesday, October 14, 2009

They may look like Angels wearing Skeleton PJs….

But let me tell you how our morning started off!

In typical fashion, Hudson wakes up and enters Eleanor’s room to wake her up.  I find him in her bed antagonizing her.  Nothing too out of the ordinary there.  He tries to put on a sweet act for me when I am taking the picture below.  So far, so good.  They look cute in their matching pj’s and he is giving her a gentle kiss on the head rather than tackling her.

We head downstairs to start breakfast.  Hudson insists on having pancakes and wants to help make them.  He pulls a chair to the counter and grabs a whisk and bowl.  I go to the refrigerator to grab an egg and milk.  While there, I count how many eggs I have, making sure after these pancakes that I will still have the four eggs that I need to make a coffee cake for Friday morning.  Before I can close the lid on the egg carton, Eleanor pushes the door and all the eggs come crashing down.  Only three eggs remain, which means a dreaded  trip to the grocery store!  Any of you with two toddlers understands the pains of going to the grocery store with little ones.  It is not the most enjoyable way to spend your day, at least for me.

Meanwhile, as I am cleaning up the eggs, my son has found the pair of kitchen scissors that I have tried to hide from him.  As I turn around, to proceed making the pancakes, I see him with the scissors cutting his hair!  Did I mention that we are having our pictures made tomorrow?  Luckily it was more on the top of his head, and serious damage was averted for the most part.

Needless to say, I arrive to work a little frazzled and having to walk straight into a meeting.  Before doing so, I see the picture that was taken this morning and all I can do is smile!  I love these little angels, good and bad!

H and E in the morning

1 comments:

Christine Morris said...

Don't you love those kind of days? Still precious though!