Early this morning, I saw a slight glimpse into what the future might hold for Eleanor and I during her teenage years. She awoke early and was very fussy. I tried calming her, which worked for a brief period. When things were not working, I tried getting her some water, which she threw onto the floor. I tried rocking her, in which she threw her head back and tried to free herself from my arms. Luckily, Nelson came in to check on the situation. Eleanor immediately went to his arms, put her head on his shoulder, and started sucking her thumb. She was completely content in a matter of five seconds, and went straight back to bed. Needless to say, she is somewhat of a daddy’s girl, and I have a feeling when mom and daughter are not seeing eye to eye in those wonderfully awkward teenage years, that daddy is going to be a savior. So, for right now, I am going to relish the sweet little girl that she is and try to remember these days later on down the road.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment