It has been awhile since I blogged. My apologies, but I promise to have some good ones from our trip coming up! We just got back from a great vacation in North Carolina! Beautiful weather and scenery, great friends, good food and tons of fun. But more on that later. Having been back a couple of days, so much has changed around here in the past week. All signs of a coming new school year. One of the neat things living near and working for a university is how the timing is the same every year. Hear are the few signs that I noticed the past couple of days, which clue you in to the start of a new semester.
1. The local Einsteins is crowded once again. No more quick stops in for the large green tea that I crave.
2. The walking path around campus is flooded with girls in sorority t-shirts walking and talking on their iphones, and a few guys really trying to get a good workout in. This will last approximately one more week, until rush (recruitment as they now call it) is over and will resume again approximately 1-2 weeks before spring break!
3. Suburbans arrive packed to the brim with a eager car, also packed to the brim, following behind. It is move in time.
4. You can pick the freshman out on campus. An eager smile, a hint of nervousness on their face. Just trying to find their way.
5. In my office, I hear the constant click of the TCU band’s metronome while they practice. In a few days, I will become immune to this sound and not even notice it anymore. I also do not get tired of hearing the TCU fight song played over and over.
6. Football season is here!!! The office is abuzz constantly. Huge athletes are everywhere. And, Hudson is wearing his TCU jersey non-stop, “reading” the TCU media guide as his good night book and singing “Ra Ra TCU.”
Oh, how I love this time of year. Nothing better! GO Frogs!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment